It sounds obvious, you want to communicate with your audience when they’re most likely to see your posts, but it can be a tricky thing to master. In the online marketing community, the topic of timing has a lot of attention with opinions varying wildly from platform to platform. In practice, it’s all about understanding your audience. A simple and widely agreed on practice, is to post a little bit before or a little bit after the hour.
- The best times to post to Facebook are Wednesday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- The safest times to post are weekdays from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Early mornings and evenings, before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m., have the least amount of engagement per day.
- Sunday has the least amount of engagement during the week.
- The best times to post on Instagram are Wednesday at 11 a.m. and Friday from 10–11 a.m.
- Wednesday is the overall best day to post to Instagram.
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- The least amount of engagement occurs during late night and early morning from 11 p.m.–3 a.m.
- Sunday receives the least amount of engagement.
- The best times to post on Twitter are Wednesday at 9 a.m. and Friday at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days to post on Twitter.
- The safest times to post are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Saturday gets the least engagement.
- Lowest engagement times are daily, 10 p.m–4 a.m.
- The best times to post to LinkedIn are Wednesday at 9–10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- The best day to post on LinkedIn is Wednesday.
- The safest times to post are Tuesday through Friday from 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
- The least engagement per day occurs on Sunday and the least popular times to post are daily from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.